My post today is a little bit different. I'm going to be telling you about a current obsession of mine. It is a very strange obsession but it does tie in a little bit with beauty, fashion and... food!
It is MINT!! I'm addicted to the colour, taste and smell of it. I just completely love it. I must admit I have always loved the taste of mint ever since I was little but now I have slowly noticed myself gravitating to the mint coloured clothing in shops. So I thought I would share with you my
Clothes & Accessories
- The first item I'm going to talk about is this beautiful mint green skirt from Miss Guided. I bought this for only £12.99 which I think is pretty good value. It is quite a bright mint colour and it has sheer chiffon fabric over the actual skirt. It also has elastic in the waist band so it is very flattering.
- I got this top a while back now but it has become my 'lazy day' top which means any day I can't be bothered picking out an outfit, this is what I go for. It is from New Look, it is just a simple racer back top with button detailing down the front. The fabric is very soft and a little over sized making it very comfortable. (The photo doesn't show the colour very well but its just a pastel mint green colour)
- The next item I have purchased is also from New Look. It is the lovely statement necklace with mint green gemstones in it. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it but i'm sure it was about £8 (I did see it in the sale like the next week...but lets not talk about how annoying that is!) I am a big fan of statement necklaces just now so this was a must buy for me.
- Finally I have my mint green phone case! I was on the hunt for a new case and I saw this one on Ebay and I just thought it was really cute. The lace and pearl detailing is really nice but since i've had this a few weeks now the lace has gotten dirty and a few of the pearls have started to become loose. It was only £2.99 though.
Beauty & Nail Varnish
- I only have one make-up item to talk about as mint coloured make-up is quite rare. It is a L'oreal Colour Infallible eyeshadow in Innocent Turquoise. Even though it says that it is turquoise it goes onto the skin a slight mint colour. I haven't had that much time to experiment with it yet but I have used it once under the eye and it looks really nice. I also want to try it as an inner corner highlight. This was £6.99.
- The first nail varnish I'm going to talk about which is, of course, my current favourite is Mint Candy Apple by Essie. The colour is beautiful and it applies so well, you only need two coats. It doesn't chip easily either. I got this as a present from one of my friend for my birthday which means she obviously knows me very well. Essie nail varnishes are £7.99.
- I also have Barry M's Mint Green nail varnish which was a complete bargain at only £2.99. I also love the colour of this one, it is quite a lot darker than Mint Candy Apple but I guess it's better that they aren't the same colour completely. This also goes on great and only requires two coats but I do find it chips on me pretty easily.
- I always have either mint chewing gum or tic tacs in my bag at all times. This is quite a normal thing for people to carry but I probably go through them a lot quicker than the average person.
- Mint Areo. Yum. It has to be one of the best chocolates in the world, I just completely love it.
- I also really like mint Poppets. They have a stronger mint flavour and it is also covered in dark chocolate instead of milk. So if I don't fancy an areo this is the next thing i'll go for.
Thank you so much for reading!